Proxmark3 Client Native on Android
A member of the Proxmark3 community known as Asper has managed to cross-compile the proxmark3 client for the Android platform. Depending on the model of your phone (it needs to be rooted), and so long as you have (or can install) the cdc-acm kernel module. This eliminates the need for custom ROMs or even a chrooted environment (such as a chrooted Kali install).
You can then freely operate the Proxmark3 over a standard USB OTG (On-The-Go) cable. Allowing for full manipulation and cloning capabilities of LF (125kHz) and HF (13.56MHz) tags. Keep reading below to see a demonstration of using Proxdroid cracking a Mifare 4K card below!
I was really excited to try this out, you might be to!
Full details are available on the proxmark forum: http://www.proxmark.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1750
A brief summary of the walkthrough I used, can be found below….
Full credit for the Android Port, belongs to the hard work of Asper! Who is not affiliated with Pentura.
Installing Proxmark Client on Android
- Root your Android device (Not covered here).
- Install Android Terminal Emulator – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jackpal.androidterm&hl=en
- Install Android Superuser – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noshufou.android.su&hl=en
- Download a suitable application that will browse your filesystem
- Download a suitable application that can unzip RAR Archives
- Download Asper’s Rar Archive: proxdroid-bin-788
- Transfer the archive to your phone (or download directly), and extract the contents.
- Copy ‘proxmark3‘ to ‘/system/bin/proxmark3′ , & ‘chmod 755 /system/bin/proxmark3′
- Copy ‘lib/libreadline.so‘ to ‘/system/lib/libreadline.so’
- Copy ‘lib/libtermcap.so‘ to ‘/system/lib/libtermcap.so’
- Execute proxmark3 form shell like this: proxmark3 /dev/ttyACM0
Optional/Other necessary steps (depending on device or stock ROM)
If you do not have a ttyACM0 device, you may want to use the following script ‘start-proxmark.sh’ (and save it in /system/bin):
su -c 'insmod /sdcard/serial/lib/cdc-acm.ko';
You may want to additionally, create the following ‘proxmark’ script to make loading the client easier (again save the script in /system/bin):
su -c "cd /system/bin; ./proxmark3 /dev/ttyACM0"
Then simply execute: proxmark
(Snapshots of an attack on a Mifare card; using a default key and nested attack routine)
git clone https://github.com/marcv81/proxdroid.git