Proxmark3 vs Kantech ioProx

Earlier today we released a patch into the Proxmark3 community for initial support of the LF 125kHz ioProx tags from Kantech.  Current operations are FSK-demodulation and card/tag cloning. Not much is revealed about this type of tag, and only limited data can be found on its data sheet.  Kantech state that readers/cards are compatible with standard 26-bit Wiegand and Kantech Extended Secure Format (XSF). But it is difficult to find…

RFID Wallets/Sleeves. How much Security do they provide?

With the increasing amount of RFID technology creeping into everyday life.  Just how much data can be obtained from your wallet?  At Pentura we undertook a small experiment where using standard off-the-shelf products, we would attempt to obtain personal information leaked from RFID enabled devices: UK Passport UK Bank Cards Debit/Credit Access Control Tokens Our experiment used standard unmodified off-the-shelf RFID equipment: 13.56MHz ACR-122U Reader Proxmark3 with LF antenna Proxmark3…

Proxmark3 Client Native on Android | InteliSecure

Proxmark3 Client Native on Android A member of the Proxmark3 community known as Asper has managed to cross-compile the proxmark3 client for the Android platform.  Depending on the model of your phone (it needs to be rooted), and so long as you have (or can install) the cdc-acm kernel module.  This eliminates the need for custom ROMs or even a chrooted environment (such as a chrooted Kali install). You can…

Proxmark3 RFID Hacking / Research | Access Control Part 3

Introduction Or rather miniature guns, that pack a powerful punch… Our previous posting on Access Control Part 2: Mifare Attacks, we demonstrated a weakness in some Mifare implementations. Our previous attack relied on the use of a single default key, and using the nested attack to eventually recover all keys for the card.  Additionally, we used a rather cheap and affordable ACR-122U reader that costs approximately $40(USD), and the attack process…

Proxmark3 Client Compilation on OSX 10.7+

Recently, I tried to compile the proxmark3 client on OSX using the most recent codebase from the SVN (r756).  I was plagued by errors, regarding the use of QT and missing frameworks.  Consensus on the forums was to strip the QT libraries from the Makefile, and recompile. But the client object files hook a lot of graphical calls useful for researching tag modulation.  Stripping QT is just not an acceptable…