Date(s) - 11/03/2015
1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Cybersecurity is broken. Here’s how to fix it.
Enterprises have spent billions of dollars over the past decade in a desperate “arms race” to fight rapidly evolving cyber threats with techno-centric security products. Yet, we are constantly reading headlines that cite another spectacular breach exposing intellectual property, jeopardizing the privacy of millions and causing untold damage to corporate reputations and impacting the bottom line.
Why are we failing to protect our most critical data? What can we do to prevent the loss of sensitive information and damage to our businesses?
Join InteliSecure’s Director of Engineering, Jeremy Wittkop, for this two-part presentation. In part one he will highlight the main reasons why information security as we know it is failing us in the age of the mega-breach. In Part 2, he will describe how organizations can work to create a more effective and sustainable cybersecurity program.
Part 1: Top 5 Reasons Why Cybersecurity is Failing Us
- Siloed communication that creates security overlaps and gaps
- Failure to weave people, process and technologies into a comprehensive program
- Lack of comprehensive pre-breach planning, resource allocation and known escalation paths
- Inadequate post-breach response planning
- Failure of adequate user awareness training
Part 2: Building a Better Mousetrap – A New Approach to Cybersecurity
- Assigning accountability
- Shifting the cybersecurity paradigm
- Committing to genuine change
- Mastering the new model: Critical Asset Protection
- Ensuring the best people are part of the solution
What you will learn:
- Common security gaps that InteliSecure has identified within most organizations
- Lessons learned from today’s high profile (and often unreported) breaches
- Practical recommendations to improve your IT security initiatives
Alternatives to the endless cybersecurity technology “arms race”